As a service to our clients, we have put together the following frequently asked question videos.
- What Factors Do Illinois Courts Consider in Granting Custody?
- What are the Most Common Types of Arrangements for Children’s Living Situations Post Divorce?
- If There is A Lot of Conflict Between My Spouse and I, is Joint Custody Still a Possibility?
- How is Custody and Child Support Decided When Dealing With Children of Unwed Parents?
- Can Both Parents Have Equal Rights and Decision-Making Powers regarding Their Children?
- At What Age Can a Child Choose Which Parent He or She Wishes to Live With?
- Do Grandparents, great-grandparents, step-parents or siblings have visitation rights?
- Under What Circumstances Can the Custodial Parent Move with Them to Another State?
- What Every Client Needs to Know about Probate and Guardianships.
- What is Dissipation and How Can it Affect property Distribution in Divorce?
- How Can Primary Parenting Rights be Taken Away from the Parent to Whom They Were Assigned?
Family Law Litigation
- What Happens When a Litigation Case Goes to Court?
- In Divorce Litigation, Is There Always a Trial, or Is It Possible to Settle out of Court?
- What Is Discovery, and When Does It Occur during the Divorce Process?
- Is It Better to Litigate or Settle a Case?
- What if I Don’t Agree with the Judge’s Ruling?
- If One Party Decides Not To Retain a Lawyer, Will He or She be Held to the Same Standards in Court?
- Can Co-Parents Force the Other to Pay for Their Children’s College Tuition?
- Can Child Support be Increased or Reduced if Circumstances Change?
- What are the Changes Regarding the New Maintenence Law in 2019?
- Can the Amount of Child Support Be Modified Once it has Been Set?
- How is Child Support Calculated and How Long Will it Last?
- What Can the Recipient of Child Support Do to Ensure Payment be Made on Time and in Full?
- When Does Child Support Typically End?
- After Divorce, Are Both Parents Responsible for Paying for College for Their Children?
- What Types of Issues in a Divorce or Family Case Can be Resolved Through Mediation?
- How Long Does a Typical Mediation Process Take and How Much Does it Cost?
- What Are the Advantages of Using Mediation to Settle a Divorce Case?
- Can You Mediate Specific Issues Without Having to Mediate the Whole Case?
- What is Private Divorce Mediation and How Does it Work?
- When and How Can Mediation be Utilized in an Illinois Divorce Case?
- Should I Agree to Take a Breathalyzer or Refuse?
- What is the Difference Between an Opiate and an Opiod? Do I Need a prescription to Have Them?
- Can I Face Potential Jail Time for My First DUI?
- Will My First DUI Effect My Driving Privileges? What About A Second or Subsequent DUI?
- If I Lose My License Due to DUI, am I eligible for a Driving Permit?
- What Types of Offenses are White Collar Crime?
- What is a Captive Insurance Company and What are the Different Types of Captives?
- What are the Main Reasons to Form a Captive Insurance Company?
- How Do I Decide How Much Risk to Place in a Captive and How Does This Decision Affect Costs?
- How a Captive Can be a Tool in Estate Planning
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Tax Issues with Captive Insurance Companies
If you have further questions, please contact Allison & Mosby-Scott at 309-662-5084.